Effective Date: June 1st 2022
Table of Contents
- Purpose and Scope
- What is Personal Information?
- What Type of Personal Information Do We Collect?.
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
- International Transfers
- How We Manage Consent
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information
- Your Privacy Choices
- Your Rights
- Links to Other Sites and Third Parties
- Children’s Privacy.
- Notice for EU Residents
- Notice for California Residents
- Contact Us
Ciele Athletics Inc (“Ciele”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.cieleathletics.com website (the “Services”).
We are committed to providing our clients, customers, members, website visitors and mobile application users (“you”, “your” or “them”) with exceptional service. Providing exceptional service may involve the collection, use and, at times, the disclosure of your Personal Information (as defined below). Protecting your Personal Information is one of our highest priorities.
This policy applies to Ciele’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, including when such information is collected directly from you, through our Services, our mobile applications, email or telephone communications, social media accounts or other interactions with you, through technological or automatic means, or through third parties, including our distribution partners in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, consult our Notice for California Residents section.
If you are a resident of the European Union, European law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your EU privacy rights, consult our Notice for EU Residents section.
Information You Provide to Us Directly
We collect information you voluntarily provide to us, such as:
- first and last name, when you create an account or make a purchase;
- language of communication, when you use the Service;
- phone number, when you make a purchase;
- physical address, when you make a purchase;
- email address, when you create an account, when you make a purchase, when you contact us to learn more about Ciele products and services, when you submit a job application, when you subscribe to our newsletter or when you contact our consumer services for assistance with your Ciele products.
- payment information, when you make a purchase;
Information Collected Automatically
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Log Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third-party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We will only collect Personal Information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To verify your identity, such as when you open an account with us, or when we process one of your transactions or returns;
- To identify your preferences when you use the Service;
- To process transactions and to deliver the products requested;
- To open and manage your account;
- To ensure you receive a high standard of service;
- To send you marketing communications such as our newsletter;
- To provide you with content, including advertising, related to your interests; for example, we may use tools offered by social media platforms to manage our marketing campaigns on these platforms and present ads based on your previous interactions with us;
- To process a job application you submit to us;
- To understand how customers interact with our website or use our Service in order to improve our products and the Service, including usability, to send abandoned shopping cart reminders and to measure the effectiveness content displayed on our Service; for example, this includes creating statistical or aggregated data about the number of visits and page views;
- To meet regulatory requirements; and
- Other legal reasons as apply to the products requested.
We may, however, collect, use or disclose Personal Information without consent for the following purposes:
- When permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency situation that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security;
- When Personal Information is available from a public source;
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- When required to comply with a subpoena, a search warrant, a court order or any other lawful request for information;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt or protection from fraud;
- When required in the context of a prospective or completed business transaction, such as a transfer of assets or shares or merger, in accordance with applicable legal requirements; or
- Other legally established reasons.
- We use Klaviyo to power our email marketing. You can read more about how Klaviyo uses your Personal Information here. You may also unsubscribe from our email marketing campaigns at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our communications.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
In addition, as provided under How Do We Use Your Personal Information, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We, our service providers and our Distribution Partners may access, store and process your Personal Information outside of the province or country where we are located and where you reside. As a result, when your Personal Information is used or stored in a jurisdiction other than where you are residing, it may be subject to the law of this foreign jurisdiction, including any law permitting or requiring disclosure of the information to the government, government agencies, courts and law enforcement in that jurisdiction.
Without limiting the foregoing, if you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to Canada and process it there.
In some cases, your consent may be “implied”, i.e. your permission is assumed based on your action or inaction at the point of collection, use or sharing of your Personal Information. You provide implied consent where our purpose for collecting using or disclosing your Personal Information would be considered obvious or reasonable in the circumstances. Consent may also be implied where you have notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of having your Personal Information used for mail-outs, marketing or fundraising and you do not opt-out.
You may be entitled under applicable law to withdraw your consent (except in limited circumstances, including legal or regulatory requirements or as a result of your contractual obligations with us). For information on how to manage your privacy preferences, please see Your Privacy Choices below.
If you choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, or if you withdraw your consent, where such withdrawal is available, we may not be able to provide you with the Service or the products you requested.
We employ organizational, physical and technological measures to safeguard Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, in light of, among other things, the sensitivity of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used. We will use appropriate security measures when destroying your Personal Information such as shredding documents or deleting electronically stored information, in our discretion.
We retain your Personal Information for the time necessary to fulfill the identified purposes, to manage our business operations and to comply with legal and regulatory obligations. . Once no longer required, your Personal Information will be securely destroyed in accordance with our standard retention schedule.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. If you do not instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, your consent to our use of your Personal Information may be implied.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, click here.
You have choices about the way Ciele handles your Personal Information.
Changing Your Communications Preferences
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Please note that even if you have indicated your choice not to receive commercial messages from us, we may still communicate with you in connection with a product or the Service, in accordance with applicable law (for example, to send you a customer service message, important product information, service notification or recall). In addition, it may take up to ten (10) business days to register a change of preference across all our records.
Changing Your Browser Settings
As mentioned above, we use technology to enhance your experience on the Service and present you with unique offers, including personalized advertising. Through technologies such as cookies, our Service recognize you when you use or return to it and can provide you with a seamless experience. You can remove or disable some of these technologies at any time through your browser. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use some of the features of our Service.
Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn how to block, delete and manage cookies on your computer or mobile device. You can also use the quick links below, depending on the type of browser that you are using: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and/or Safari.
Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page here.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by clicking the following links:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal.
Restricting Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information in accordance with this Policy at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer, in writing, at the address specified below under Contact Us , subject to legal or contractual restrictions. Keep in mind that by withdrawing your consent (in whole or in part) to our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, we may no longer be able to provide you with the Service or the products you requested.
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may be entitled to access your Personal Information and request the correction of inaccurate information (subject to limited exceptions set out in applicable laws), or have other rights in relation to your Personal Information.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and complete when it is under our control, but also depend on you to provide us with accurate information. To access and correct your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer, in writing, at the address specified below under the section entitled Contact Us or use this request form: https://cieleathletics.com/data-request-form/.
If you have an account with us, you may rectify some of your Personal Information directly in your Account Details section.
Individuals in the EU and California may have additional rights with respect to Personal Information processed by Ciele in the EU and the U.S. Please review the Notice for EU Residents and the Notice for California Residents below for more information.
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16 (“Minor”).
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from Minors. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Minor has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from Minors without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If you are in the European Union or the United Kingdom, this section applies to Ciele’s processing of your Personal Information.
Legal Grounds for Processing your Personal Information
We rely on the following legal basis to process your Personal Information:
- Where it is necessary to enter into or to perform a contract between us;
- Where it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or in the legitimate interests of a third party, except where such interest is overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms; for example, we rely on legitimate interests to protect and enforce our legal rights or the legal rights of other persons, to personalize your experience on our website or to conduct data analytics to improve our product; and
- Where you have given us your consent.
In addition to the rights mentioned under Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Information, you have the following rights:
- Delete your Personal Information: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your Personal Information (for instance, if it is no longer necessary to provide our services to you).
- Object to or restrict our processing of your Personal Information: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your Personal Information (for instance, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to restrict our use of it (for instance, if your Personal Information is inaccurate).
- Right to portability: You can ask us to provide a copy in machine-readable form of the Personal Information that you have provided us.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact information listed in the Contact Us section below. You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority in the EU Member State where you are located.
This California notice supplements the Policy set forth above with respect to specific rights granted under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) to natural person California residents (“California Resident,” “you,” or “your”) with regard to “Personal Information” (as defined below). If you are a California Resident, please review the following information about our privacy practices surrounding how and why we collect, use, disclose and share your Personal Information and your potential rights with regard to your Personal Information under the CCPA. The rights described herein are subject to exemptions and other limitations under applicable law.
Terms used in this California notice have the meaning ascribed to them in the CCPA. We are a “business”. “Personal Information” for the purposes of this section has the same meaning as in the CCPA. For purposes of this California notice, Personal Information does not include de-identified information, aggregate consumer information, or publicly available information as those terms are defined in the CCPA.
Notice at Collection and Use of Personal Information
Information We Collect
Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect the categories of Personal Information listed above in the section What Type of Personal Information Do We Collect.
How We Use Collected Information
We also may use Personal Information from California Residents for the business or commercial purposes described above in the section How Do We Use Your Personal Information.
Our Collection, Use, Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information
What Information We Have Collected, the Sources from Which We Collected It, and Our Purpose for Collecting the Information
In the preceding 12 months, depending on how you interact with us, we may have collected the categories of Personal Information listed above in the section, What Type of Personal Information Do We Collect. We may collect Personal Information from all or some of the categories of sources listed in this section. We may collect all or a few of these categories of Personal Information for the business or commercial purposes identified in the section, How Do We Use Your Personal Information.
Our Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information. We do not knowingly sell the Personal Information of California residents under 16 years old.
In the preceding 12 months, we may have disclosed for a business purpose all of the categories of Personal Information identified in What Type of Personal Information Do We Collect above, to the following categories of third parties: (i) our service providers when necessary to carry out services on Ciele’s behalf; (ii) judicial courts, regulators, or other government agents purporting to have jurisdiction over us and parties to litigation; and (iii) other third parties as may otherwise be permitted by law.
California Residents’ Rights under the CCPA
The CCPA provides California Residents with certain rights related to their Personal Information. This section explains those rights. If you are a California Resident and would like to exercise any of those rights, please see “How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights” below for more information on how to submit a request, subject to certain exemptions and other limitations under applicable law.
- Notice: You have the right to be informed, at or before the point of collection, of the categories of Personal Information to be collected and the purposes for which the categories of Personal Information shall be used.
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information regarding our collection and use of Personal Information specific to you over the last twelve (12) months.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete certain of your Personal Information that we retain, subject to certain statutory exceptions, including, but not limited to, our compliance with federal, state, local and non-U.S. laws, rules and regulations.
- Right to Non-discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising of any rights under the CCPA, including by denying service, suggesting that you will receive, or charging, different rates for services or suggesting that you will receive, or providing, a different level or quality of service to you.
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt-out of the “sale” (as that term is defined in the CCPA) of your Personal Information if a business sells your Personal Information (we do not).
The CCPA does not restrict our ability to do certain things like comply with other laws or comply with regulatory investigations. In addition, the CCPA does not apply to certain information like Personal Information collected, processed, sold or disclosed pursuant to the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and its implementing regulations. We also reserve the right to retain, and not to delete, certain Personal Information after receipt of a request to delete from you where permitted by the CCPA.
How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
If you are a California Resident and would like to exercise any of the CCPA rights identified above, you may submit a request by using the contact information listed in the Contact Us section below or our online form by clicking here https://cieleathletics.com/data-request-form/.
We are required to provide certain information or to delete Personal Information only in response to verifiable requests made by you or your legally authorized agent. When you submit a Right to Know or a Right to Delete request, we may ask that you provide clarifying or identifying information to verify your request. Such information may include, at a minimum, depending on the sensitivity of the information you are requesting and the type of request you are making, [your name and email address.] Any information gathered as part of the verification process will be used for verification purposes only.
You are permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit a Right to Know or a Right to Delete request on your behalf and have that authorized agent submit the request through the aforementioned methods. We may deny requests from authorized agents who do not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf. We may also require that you directly verify your own identity with us and directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
We will deliver responses to verifiable consumer requests, free of charge, either through your online account with us, if you have such an account already, or, if you do not have a pre-existing online account, by mail or electronically, at your election. Our goal is to respond to any verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of our receipt of such request. We will inform you in writing if we cannot meet that timeline. Keep in mind that we are not required to provide information in response to Right to Know requests more than twice in a 12-month period and any response to a Request to Know will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable request.
Additional California Privacy Rights
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Ciele Athletics Inc.
1630 rue Notre Dame O
Montréal QC H3J 1M1