I adore roasted carrots. This simple, delicious and nutritious dish is incredibly versatile, as you can use whatever spices, herbs or marinade you enjoy, along with any garnishes (fresh herbs, toasted nuts/seeds) you prefer. Here I went with Asian-inspired flavours, combining ingredients that offered a balance of sweet, salty, spicy, and savoury tastes, enhanced with aromatic garlic and ginger. This recipe makes a great side dish, or can be enjoyed as a snack with edamame bean dip for example (instead of the usual raw carrot sticks & hummus), and added to a warm salad!
– Carrots are an amazing source of vitamins A, C, K, B vitamins, manganese and fiber.
– Sesame seeds are high in B vitamins, iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, healthy unsaturated & omega fats, protein and fiber.
– Coriander is packed with vitamins A, C, K, B vitamins, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and fiber.
– Organic carrots
(Organic is typically tastier! Please don’t peel the skins – they contain most of the nutrients!)
– Soy sauce, 4 tbsp
– Pomegranate molasses, 2 tbsp
– Blackstrap molasses, 1 tbsp
– Fresh orange, 1/2 orange
– Small knob of ginger, minced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1-inch knob ginger, minced
– 1 tbsp white miso (organic/GMO-free)
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– Sriracha, to taste
Read the full recipe here:
Recipe by Registered Holistic Nutrition Consultant (R.H.N) Danielle Levy